Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Success in sunset


Went out yesterday with friends and tried for a few hours. Fishing was not to good in the early evening hours but just before sunset we managed to catch some pikes. First a 90cm fish that found interest in my Real eel 40cm, and just a bit later we got a double strike where I immediately felt that my fish was of good size. The fish was incredibly strong and fighted very well. Just before I was going to land the pike with my hands, my stinger wire broke up and the pike was standing still on the surface for a short while. Sorry Savage Gear, but this was the third time your wires broke for me and I recommend everyone to make their own stingers if using their lures...

Since I early discovered that the treble hook was set just below the mouth, a firm grip with just the hands was going to be risky business. But as the situation was, I had no other option than trying to get a fast and firm grip of the fish. At that moment the hook was easily forgotten and fast like a King Cobra my hand was placed with a steady, but still risky grip around the gills. Fortunately we had a net in the boat that I could use to secure the fish and myself before getting rid of the hook.

After a quick photo the pike was measured to 102,5cm and then released to its right environment. Once again a good sized pike and at the moment pikes seems to like what I present to them.

Fishing is great fun!!!

// Daniel Wickman
   2013-07-03





2 comments:

Risky business :-))
Nice story & nice catch, thx Daniel!

Its informative post about Christmas is less than a month away and they have been busy lately with pulling up their boats for winter storage through paper writing service reviews. They have now closed down the fishing business for this year and boats are one by one coming up from the water for winter storage.